We have seen a trend on the best and most popular dance looks of 2018/19. These looks include mesh inserts, half skirts, and of course capri/full length unitards. Luckily all three of these looks can be found on our site Patrick J Design. Not only can you find these designs on our site but you can also find the embellishments including rhinestones and lace to customize your piece.
Below are a few things to consider when selecting a piece with mesh inserts.
- Mesh is a very versatile fabric it can be used to create subtle lines and even clean sharp cuts to accentuate lines.
- Proper care and cleaning is needed. Mesh can be delicate and can become easily susceptible to tears or holes.
- Matador leotard, Dahlia leotard, Cascade leotard, and our Romanov leotard are some examples of mesh insert looks we have in our collection.
Another top look to consider this competition season is a half skirt.
- Half skirts come in various lengths. Lengths range from mid thigh to floor length.
- This look is perfect for a flowy contemporary dance and even a beautiful lyrical solo or group piece.
- Depending on the fabric you choose the skirt will have a different weight. The lighter the fabric the lighter the skirt will move across the stage.
- Lace fabric is another option. This fabric will create a more gathered weighted look in the flow of your skirt.
- Like any other costume is it important to rehearse with it on so that you get used to the weight of the fabric and it does not become tangled or stepped on while dancing.
- Removable solid skirt, removable lace skirt, and our asymmetrical skirt are some of the numerous options we have available to help create continuous stunning lines on stage.
One of the most popular looks we have seen across different stages and competition is the capri/full length unitard.
- One piece unitards create a long lengthened look perfect for all body types.
- Unitards can be the same material or they can be combination of fabric and have mesh through the piece.
- Aria one piece pant, galactic one piece pant, and the evania one piece pant are some of the many looks we have that are loved by our customers.
Check out our site and find which of these trending looks fits your choreography! Start brainstorming your ideal design, then begin to embellish your custom piece at our one stop shop where we supply all of your needs to get you your perfect look!